Ramping up for the fast approaching MarketingSherpa and MarketingExperiments Optimization Summit 2013, this blog post features a video excerpt from one of last year’s presentations.
Watch Steve Parker, Vice President, Direct Marketing Division, firstSTREET, explain how radically redesigning a landing page led to a 500% increase in sales.
In this excerpt, Steve provided the audience advice on making the decision to conduct a radical redesign on a landing page.
He said to ask yourself a few questions:
- Will I achieve my annual goals by further tweaks?
- Do I have the resources to “go radical?” (Time, budget, outside-the-box thinking, internal support)
- How will I minimize risk?
- What happens if I win, draw or fail? (To my business? To my career?)
He also offered some recommendations:
- “Pre-plan your learning” in the test design
- Manage risk
- Get truly radical
- Apply what you learned, and apply your educated guesses
If you would like to watch the entire presentation, Steve covered the entire process of this case study, beginning with why he chose a very poorly performing landing page for a new product for testing and optimization, all the way through the radical redesign of the page and eventual increase in sales on the new landing page.